Exchange Move Mailbox Experiences Part 5

imageAnother interesting Move Mailbox error and in this case I am really unsure how this would be possible!

Let’s look at the Move Mailbox log:

1-10-2011 11:49:18 [The Exchange Server] A corrupted item was encountered during the move operation. The item wasn't copied to the destination mailbox.

  Top of Information Store
  John Doe
  
  archive.pst
  IPM.Document.PSTFile
  38621879
  01/19/2006 14:30:57
  01/19/2006 14:30:19
  Message (size 36.83 MB (38,621,879 bytes)) exceeds the maximum allowed size for submission to the target mailbox. You can increase this limit by using the Set-Mailbox cmdlet in the Exchange Management Shell.
Error details: MapiExceptionMaxSubmissionExceeded: IExchangeFastTransferEx.TransferBuffer failed (hr=0x80004005, ec=1242)

This error occurs because of a size constraint just like the one in the previous part.

imageBut the strange part is that it seems to be a PST file (type IPM.Document.PSTFile) located in the Root folder of the Exchange mailbox (which is not possible AFAIK).

 

This PST is not visible anywhere in Outlook though so I used OutlookSpy to find it. I selected the Top Of Information store (Mailbox – John Doe) and clicked IMAPIFolder and then the GetContentsTab:

image

I made a backup by using OpenEntry –> Save as MSG file:

image

And deleted this item.

Was once an enthusiastic PepperByte employee but is now working elsewhere. His blogs are still valuable to us and we hope to you too.