After updating a Citrix License server from 11.6.1 to 11.10 the Citrix Licensing Service crashed immediately after startup.
In the Event Log the following error was shown:
I suspected that there was a corrupt licensing file in the MyFiles folder (Default C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\MyFiles).
Therefore I renemaed the MyFiles folder and the service didn’t crash anymore. Then I tried to Import the license files manually one by one and then I got this error:
However the file was already copied to the MyFiles folder:
So after a restart the service would crash!
I compared the corrupted file with a working file, a "normal" license files looks similar to this one:
The one that made the Licensing Server crash looked like this:
I think that someone saved some html instead of a license from My Citrix. After removing the invalid license the service didn’t crash anymore.
PS: Shame on Citrix for writing such bad code!
Was once an enthusiastic PepperByte employee but is now working elsewhere. His blogs are still valuable to us and we hope to you too.