Author: Ingmar Verheij
After an upgrade of a NetScaler from 9.3 to NetScaler X (NetScaler 10) I wasn’t able to manage it from Internet Explorer 9 (IE9). All you would see is a grey bar on top and a white screen
I’’ve only been able to test this with a non-default (nsroot) username .
This is a known problem at Citrix, but unfortunately it isn’t solved (yet). Enabling or disabling the compatibility mode as described on this thread at Citrix forums didn’t solve the problem for a compete 100%. The ‘best’ workaround is to set the browser mode to Internet Explorer 8.
After you login to the NetScaler you will see a grey bar and nothing else, except some white space.
- Press F12 to open the Developer Tool.
- Change the Browse Mode from ‘Internet Explorer 9 – Compatibility Mode’ to ‘Internet Explorer 8’
- Ignore the error that it’s can’t retrieve the version, it will after a refresh (or selecting another node)
If that didn’t work
If setting the browse mode to IE8 didn’t solve the problem you can try the following suggestions:
- Use the x64 version of Internet Explorer
- Use Sun Java Runtime Environment 6 update 16
- Use Google Chrome instead (portable version can be found here)
- Use the default username (nsroot) instead