Author: Ingmar Verheij
After an upgrade of a NetScaler from 9.3 to NetScaler X (NetScaler 10) I wasn’t able to manage it from Internet Explorer 9 (IE9). All you would see is a grey bar on top and a white screen
I’’ve only been able to test this with a non-default (nsroot) username .
This is a known problem at Citrix, but unfortunately it isn’t solved (yet). Enabling or disabling the compatibility mode as described on this thread at Citrix forums didn’t solve the problem for a compete 100%. The ‘best’ workaround is to set the browser mode to Internet Explorer 8.
After you login to the NetScaler you will see a grey bar and nothing else, except some white space.
- Press F12 to open the Developer Tool.
- Change the Browse Mode from ‘Internet Explorer 9 – Compatibility Mode’ to ‘Internet Explorer 8’
- Ignore the error that it’s can’t retrieve the version, it will after a refresh (or selecting another node)
If that didn’t work
If setting the browse mode to IE8 didn’t solve the problem you can try the following suggestions:
- Use the x64 version of Internet Explorer
- Use Sun Java Runtime Environment 6 update 16
- Use Google Chrome instead (portable version can be found here)
- Use the default username (nsroot) instead
Was once an enthusiastic PepperByte employee but is now working at Citrix. His blogs are still valuable to us and we hope to you too.