Streamed Virtual Machine Setup Wizard, Provisioning Services 7.1.0 can fail when attempting to retrieve template information from the stores of the hosts within a cluster and the following error message appears:
“Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. This usually happens when you choose the cluster as your target. When you choose a single host, no error message will appear.
The most likely solution is to upgrade to Provisioning server 7.1.3. This upgrade is available on http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX140875
- Backup your Provisioning Services Database (this will be upgrade on the first connection of your new Provisioning Services server)
- Backup all your Provisioning Services Servers
- Uninstall Provisioning Services
- Uninstall Provisioning Services Console
- Install Provisioning Services
- Install Provisioning Services Console
- Run the Provisioning Services Configuration Wizard
- Restart all your Provisioning Services server
- Repeat the steps above on all your Provisioning Services servers (if present)
If you have done all the steps above test if the Streamed Virtual Machine Setup Wizard is working with the cluster as the target.
Was once an enthusiastic PepperByte employee but is now working elsewhere. His blogs are still valuable to us and we hope to you too.